The mission of the North Carolina Trucking Association Technology & Maintenance Council is to serve the interest of its members through maintenance and technical education, workshops, seminars and best practices through the collaboration of motor carrier and allied members to achieve the highest levels of knowledge, efficiency and highway safety in conjunction with an affiliation to the American Trucking Associations Technology and Maintenance Council.
The Stakeholders agreed to have an Annual Conference, two Management Meetings per year and one quarterly per chapter providing hands on technical training for the technicians providing the same training at each chapter meeting. The Management Meetings are to identify problems and solutions, with the assistance of the Programs/Education Committee, develop training for the chapter meetings. NCTA members are welcome to attend these meetings.
To learn more about the NCTA Technology & Maintenance Council, call the NCTA Office at 919-834-0387.
NCTA Technology & Maintenance Council Officers
Chair: David Leik
Epes Transport System, Inc.
Vice Chair: Benjamin Phillips
Chief Express & Logistics
Secretary: Bob Slaughter
Allied Committee Chair:
Snider Fleet Solutions
Immediate Past Chair:
Best Cartage, Inc.
Advisory Board Members:
Eagle Transport Corp.
Rocky Mount, NC
Red Classic Transportation
NCTA Technology & Maintenance Council Committees
Annual Joint Conference Committee
NC TopTech Challenge Committee
NCTA TMC Membership Benefits
1) Availability to meet with others across the state to pool resources together to solve issues and share successes.
2) Opportunity for detailed and specialized training.
3) Opportunity to compete in Super Tech by competing in NC Tech Challenge
4) NCTA Allied Members showcase new products by hosting and/or sponsoring events.
5) Technician quarterly meetings to learn and discuss recommended repair procedures and general industry information at a state level.